Wednesday, October 13, 2010

DELIBERATELY Joyful

TODAY I will be DELIBERATELY JOYFUL!  Do you ever find you must WORK at being JOYFUL?  With the craziness of life, the fatigue of the body, the work that always needs doing - I know I for one can get my MIND focused in the WRONG direction!   Here's a WORD to help me in my DETERMINATION to be JOYFUL TODAY!

"Serve the LORD with GLADNESS, come before His presence with SINGING.  Enter into His gates with THANKSGIVING, and into His courts with PRAISE:  be THANKFUL to Him and BLESS His Name."   Psalm 100:2


How JOYFUL do you think Danny will be when I go turn the PRAISE MUSIC ON RIGHT NOW (you know I love my music LOUD)????  He is not due up for another 45 minutes . . .hmmmmmm ......I guess I will just hum 'til he wakes up!

Also adding a recipe some friends asked me for - are you guys reading this? 

Here it is:   Pumpkin Angel Food Cake  (so low cal!!!! and yummy)

1 box angel food cake mix
3/4 cup solid pack pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. cinnamon
sprinkle of ginger and nutmeg
Stir all of the above well and put in a tube or bundt pan and bake according to package directions, I have also done it in a 13 by 9 pan.

Serve with coolwhip!

1 comment:

Aliesha Caldwell | Feathers in Our Nest said...

Ooh! I definitely want to make this cake!