Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jesus in Exodus

Well, He is ALL OVER the pages of Exodus . . .but here are just a few I treated myself to this a.m.:

All of Exodus 12!
"And it shall come to pass when your children shall say to you, What do you mean by this service?  You will say, It is the sacrifice of the Lord's passover, Who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt... "    Exodus 12:26-27  ( "Behold the LAMB of God!)

Everything in the design of the tabernacle screams JESUS to me but I read this today:

Exodus 25:17  "Make a MERCY SEAT of pure gold . . .and there I will meet with you . . ."

I read Bible notes that say this 'mercy seat' is the same phrase used of Jesus in Romans  3:25

""...justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus, God presented Him as a SACRIFICE OF ATONEMENT."  Romans 3:24-25


No wonder we say MERRY CHRISTmas!

No comments: