Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Shepherds

The Promise of a Shepherd:

"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me One Who be be Ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old from ancient times.  He will stand and shepherd His flock in the strength of the Lord in the Majesty of the Name of the Lord His God.  And they will live securely, for then His greatness will reach to the ends of the earth and He will be their peace. "  Micah 4:2,4-5

The Praising of a Shepherd:

"So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph and the Baby Who was lying in a manger.  When they had seen Him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this Child.  The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told." Luke 2:15,16,20

The Proclamation of THE SHEPHERD

"I am the Good Shepherd.  The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. I am the Good Shepherd,  I know My own and My own know Me. Just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father and I lay down My life for the sheep."  John 10:11,14,15

So glad the GOOD SHEPHERD is my SHEPHERD!

No comments: