Wednesday, January 26, 2011

eternal things

How many times in my married life have I said the following:  My house is such a mess!  How many times has my sweet husband said:  Eternal things:  God, the Word of God, the souls of men.

Right now I couldn't be happier to know that my dust, dishes, and general mess are not eternal things!  Up early today - church at my house tonight so needing to 'clear a path' so to speak!

Why do I struggle with priorities still after so many years of knowing the Lord?  I am thankful that He loves me anyway!

Before I tackle some of this non-eternal dust . . .I will turn my focus to the three things that are eternal:

GOD:  "Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises.   God is the King of all the earth, sing praises with understanding.  God reigns over the heathen, God sits upon the throne of His holiness."  Psalm 47:6-8

THE WORD OF GOD:  Jesus said:  "Heaven and earth will pass away (I am sure He meant the DUST as well!) but my WORD shall not pass away."   Matt. 24:35

THE SOULS OF MEN:  "Let us not be weary in well doing. for in due season we shall reap if we faint not.  As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."   Galatians 6:9-10

So . . .'household of faith' come on over tonight for church and dinner and fellowship!   Pardon the dust . . .it won't be around forever . . .but GOD will - let's worship Him together, His Word will - let's learn something fresh from Luke tonight and . . .You will - so I will welcome you amidst the dust and dishes and LOVE every minute of my 'household of faith' being here!

No comments: