Wednesday, January 5, 2011

People pleaser or God pleaser?

This is hard for me to write. . .Been reading the gospel of Matthew this week.  Today I read the following words that Jesus spoke during His sermon on the mount:

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them . . ." Matthew 6:1

That phrase really spoke to me . . .How often do I do 'righteousness' or deeds just to please people without a thought that my efforts should all be to please the Lord?  Simple Answer:   WAY TOO OFTEN!  Lord - keep my focus on You and walking worthy of You and for You!

I really felt that 'discerning' of the Word spoken of in Hebrews this morning:  "The Word of God is liuing and actiue, SHARPER than any twoedged sword, PIERCING to the diuision of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow and DISCERNING the THOUGHTS AND INTENTIONS of the heart."

THE 'sharp' of the Word pierced me and focused me today . . .that's so why I need a DAILY PIERCING!!!!