Friday, February 4, 2011

just one week

It is time to realize that Nate is going back to China.  Just one week from today.  If you grab a globe and put one finger on Virginia and put one finger from the other hand on Chengdu, China - you will see that you cannot get further away and still be on this planet!  I know he's a grown man . . .I know God is with him wherever he goes . . I know I can call and talk to him . . .I know if he really needed me I could get to him . . .I know that other Moms have sons in Iraq or some other more dangerous place - I know, I know.

I also know I will miss him so.  For some reason this time 'goodbye' seems even harder than all the others . . .so I will enjoy our one more week together.  Psalms comfort - don't you think?  I love this one:

""Our soul waits for the Lord, He is our help and shield.  For our heart shall rejoice in God, we have trusted in His Holy Name.  Let they mercy, O Lord, be on us, as we hope in You." Psalm 33:20-22

No comments: