Monday, October 24, 2011

Fragile Faith/Faith Fortification

Friday night at our M & M group - we took a brief look at Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him."

I do believe that He exists . ..seeking Him and His love today.. .my faith seems very fragile today...so relying on THE WORD to bolster my faith...   How 'bout a look at Joshua?

"Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right or to the left..."  Joshua1:7

Asking God to keep my eyes fixed on HIM - no turning to right or left with THINGS THAT I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER!

How about Hebrews 12 :2 where we are told, "...Looking to Jesus the AUTHOR and PERFECTOR of our faith." 

So, I can't 'muster' up any faith - but I can look to HIM (not to the right or left!) Who is the One Who founded and wrote FAITH in my heart. . .

When your FAITH is FRAGILE where do you look for FAITH FORTIFICATION?  What a concept!

No comments: