Monday, February 17, 2014

Not a cereal fan....

Often when my grandson, Brayden, is over for breakfast time, he will ask for cereal!  I am not much  of a cold cereal fan.  Two reasons:  it doesn't fill me up and it doesn't fill me up.  Of course, these sound like the same two reasons but they are really different....the first 'doesn't fill me' is I will get hungry too quickly and that's never pretty...

The second 'doesn't fill me up' is my tendency to have too large a serving...or a second serving, or a ...that's not pretty either.

So, the point of this blog is that I have recently rediscovered Shredded Wheat!  Not the cute little frosted mini - wheats (easy excuse to have cookies with milk for breakfast!) but the OLD FASHIONED large biscuit of shredded wheat.  Well...guess what?  With some milk, fresh strawberries - they have been great.  I have not used them for breakfast - still afraid I need more protein first thing in the a.m. but turns out to be a very satisfying snack for me.  I also tried the shredded wheat mixed in with fruit and yogurt - yum!!

STILL NO CHANCE Brayden will consider Shredded Wheat as cereal, though.  Just my two cents...

1 comment:

Aliesha Caldwell | Feathers in Our Nest said...

I much prefer eggs or oatmeal to cereal! ;)