Thursday, September 23, 2010

Since it REALLY is all about Jesus . . .

. . .I have been trying to teach my little 3 and 4 years old Sunday School pupils with that in mind.  My son, Tad, really challenged me with this concept when I was down in NC to visit with his sweet family.  His suggestion was sorta like this:  don't teach only (for example) that Daniel was courageous so God wants you to be courageous but teach the scriptures and the OT Bible Lessons as part of God's Wonderful Redemptive Plan in JESUS!  So pray for me as I endeavor to do this!  Last week our lesson was Abraham's servant going to find a bride for Issac.  The thrust of the lesson was Rebekah was kind and God wants us to be kind!   Nothing wrong with that AT ALL - however, I also talked about how just as Abraham's servant traveled a long way to get a bride for Issac - Jesus came from Heaven to us - so we could be with Him.   Here is some scripture that is encouraging me on in this endeavor:

"Ought not Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?  And beginning at Moses and all the prophets He expounded to them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself."  Luke 24:26-27

"And all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after . . .have likewise told of these days.  Unto you first God, having raised His Son Jesus, sent Him to bless you . . .Acts 3:24 and 26


Anyone have any ideas to help me?   Thanks - bobbi

No comments: