Monday, September 27, 2010

Sunday joys

"being kind one to another' - cousins sharing!!!!!
Grandanny tried to snap a picture before church, Haley was NOT interested!
No one looks at the camera - but me!

I had a meeting for work yesterday . . .so I had to leave after Sunday School.  Feel like I MISSED OUT!  Didn't get to stay for worship (or in children's church to help out), didn't have my family for dinner, didn't have a few sweet hours with my husband . . .I love Sundays - JOY JOY JOY!

"I was glad when they said to me, Let us go in to the House of the Lord."  Psalm 122:1 -   Even if it is at a Day Care Center - I love my Sundays!

Spicy Meatball Soup

1 lb super lean ground beef
1 egg

32 oz. chicken broth
1 onion diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon oregano
red pepper flakes (to taste - we like HOT - be careful!)
1 bag fresh washed curly kale chopped

Mix beef and egg, salt and pepper if desired.  Form into small meatballs.  Cook on cookie sheet till no longer pink in 350 oven (turn a couple times).  While meatballs are browning in oven, mix remaining ingredients except for kale and bring to a boil.  Drop meatballs in soup, add kale and simmer till kale is tender.  Serve with a Tablespoon of fresh Parmesan cheese on top of each bowl! Strong, flavorful soup we love!

No comments: