Sunday, September 26, 2010

Soup's on!

One of the things I like about Autumn is SOUP!   I am going to post some of my favorite soup recipes this week along with my WORD to focus on for the day!  I am starting with CHILI!  This is a VERY easy chili and a much healthier version of traditional beef chili!

Chili

2 large onion diced
6 cloves minced garlic
Super lean ground beef (2lb) (I try to stock up when on sale!)
2 cans green chilis
2 cups salsa (I use medium)
2 cans 28 oz. can of petite cut tomatoes
2 can black beans (rinsed)
2 can kidney beans (rinsed)
2 t. paprika
1 t. fresh ground pepper
2 t. thyme
1 t. ground cayenne pepper
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup chili powder
 (Of course, you can change spice amounts to your liking!)

Brown onion and garlic in frying pan coated with cooking spray.  Add ground beef and cook till no longer pink.  Drain, then place meat mixture and remaining ingredients in large crock pot.  Cook on High for 1 hour then turn to low for remainder of day!   Serve with low fat sour cream, jalepenos, 2 % cheese grated.  Enjoy!
(this makes a LOT - freeze extra!)


Another thing I like about Autumn is walking in the clear, cool, dark of an autumn morning!   Some folks think I am crazy - but I am an incurable morning person and head out for a walk most mornings when it is still dark!   The stars and moon are so bright in the clear air and Venus is easily recognizable in the fall.  Wanted to make sure you know I also 'WALK IN THE LIGHT"!

"If we walk in the LIGHT as He is in the LIGHT we have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son cleanses us from all sin."  I John 1:7

No comments: