Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Job and Habakkuk (I'm NOT joking!)

So Job, with all he went through said this:

              "Though He slay me, yet I will hope in Him."  Job 13:15 

and then the prophet Habakkuk, with all the 'woes' he records said this: 

"Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, though the produce of the olive tree fail and the field yield no food, though the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, YET I WILL REJOICE IN THE LORD!   I will take Joy in the God of my Salvation."

Seems like sometimes when I open my mouth - only complaints (especially when I am speaking to Danny) come out!!!  Something to think about . . .do you think I could get through one whole day without complaining about ANYTHING?  Hope, Rejoice, and Joy - I will let you know . . .somebody (or everybody) probably should pray for me . . .

No comments: