Monday, October 25, 2010

Leftover ideas

I love when I can take SOMETHING leftover and turn it into SOMETHING else.  Last night I made a casserole that was yummy from - LEFTOVERS! I had served chicken tacos on Friday and had leftovers. Here's what I did to make a casserole:



Leftover chicken breast - shredded
1 can cream of celery soup (I use low fat version)
Salsa verde (green salsa)
flour tortillas
sour cream (low fat)
2 % cheddar cheese - grated
onions and tomatoes chopped

Mix the chicken with the soup and salsa verde (to taste - you know we like HOT).  Put a layer on the bottom of the casserole, cover with tortillas (may have to tear them to fit).  Do a second layer of chicken mixture, then layer of sour cream (thin). Sprinkle tomato, onion and cheese on top.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes till cheese melts.  This was great topped with regular salsa and with a tossed green salad - Danny loved it.  Anyone got LEFTOVER ideas?  ANYBODY OUT THERE AT ALL?

5 comments:

Jess said...

That sounds delicious! I might try that soon!

Jess said...

for tonight's dinner I made a sauce for our grilled chicken out of leftover bacon, ranch, little bit of cheese, salt, pepper and maple smokehouse seasoning. It was so good and used up the bacon! Of course I used fat free ranch :)

bobbi said...

MMMMMMMMM.....sounds wonderful, Jess. Thanks for posting - there is SOMEBODY out there! Maple smokehouse seasoning - is that a powder where do you find it in the store?

Jess said...

I think i got it at walmart in the spice aisle..I love it on everything! :)

bobbi said...

Thanks Jess! I am still flying high from our 'M & M' gathering. What fun - and so many 'creative' gals! Steph is going strong - already got her ornament done!