Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pumpkin ideas?

I did it!   It wasn't easy . . .I found canned pumpkin!   Every grocery store I had been in lately had an empty canned pumpkin shelf . . .out of stock . . .pumpkin shortage!   While on the road yesterday I pulled into a Food Lion on the west end.  No pumpkin on the shelf AGAIN!  Would I have to break down and buy a PUMPKIN?  Hate to confess it but I have NEVER cooked one from scratch at all . . .and really didn't WANT to!

Well, a young lady working at the store said, "May I help you?".  Obviously, she saw my face!   When I told her what I wanted she went to the back store room and brought me out 4 cans!   Yay!   I asked why the pumpkin was in 'hiding'.  She said for the holidays!  Well, I now have my four precious cans - I love pumpkin - and want to make something pumpkin for M & Ms (you know who you are) Thursday night!

Now, if you do have a WHOLE pumpkin . . .and don't want to cook it . . .I saw this neat idea in a coworker's magazine!   Paint it with chalkboard paint . . .and draw or write on it with chalk.  The pics were so cute!

Any pumpkin (canned or whole, of course!) ideas? 

1 comment:

Aliesha Caldwell | Feathers in Our Nest said...

I can't find any canned pumpkin either! I have a bunch of recipes I am dying to make. Pumpkin is my fav!