Sunday, September 18, 2011

Searching for comfort

Genesis 16  brings comfort?  Genesis 16 is what my husband told me to read.  I had asked him where to read (in tears - no surprise there!) as I was fingering through the New Testament searching for comfort . . . and he said:  Genesis 16 - about Hagar!

Well, I will tell you I looked at him in surprise!  And then I read it . . .Hagar, who fled from Sarai in fear and dismay . . .Hagar, who must have been so concerned about her child... Hagar, who was ALONE and rejected . . .Hagar, who wasn't even of the promised line . . .yet Who met her in the wilderness?

BEER - LAHAI - ROI   - which means THE GOD WHO SEES ME and she said, "YOU are a GOD of seeing. Truly, I have seen Him Who looks after me." (Genesis 16:13-14)

And so have I today in Genesis 16.  Thank you Danny, Thank you Lord!  You are the One Who sees (now and forever) and looks after me.

No comments: