Friday, December 30, 2011

ATTACKING the closets!

"Cleanliness is next to godliness."   Now, I know that does not come from the Bible!  And nobody is happier about that than me . . .housecleaning has never been my forte.  However, when closets become a danger to those you love . . .well, that can't be godly, can it?  I mean, if Danny is in danger of a concussion when simply looking for his coat, and I am concerned the grands will go in and NEVER come out . . .well, you get the picture!

So, to make WAR on my closets, I am setting out some 'closet goals' for 2012!  In my home there are 8 closets - so here is my battle-plan to attack this vice this year! 

January: Three Linen closets (my bathroom, Danny's bathroom, and hall upstairs)

February: Living Room Coat Closet

March:  Hokie Office Closet (organize and FINISH!)

April:  Spare Room Closet

May:  My Bedroom Closet (there may not be enough hours in May . ..)

June:  Danny's Closet

For those of you who are really good at this sort of thing . . .I am sure this seems rather a lame 'war' to take six months to clean and organize closets, BUT I wanted to be realistic with my schedule.  I really want to attack them and ACHEIVE the goal of getting them ALL done - and if I end up beating this schedule than great.  Will you remind me if I fail to post updates?  Nothing like some accountability!   Any areas in your home you planning to make WAR on in 2012?

No comments: