Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's War!

"Make war on your vices, make peace with your neighbors, and may each year find you a better man."
Benjamin Franklin

READY to make WAR on my vices in 2012 . . .of which I have MANY...

Can't go into battle without armor, so . . .

"... you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep.  For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed.  The night is far gone; the day is a hand.  So then, let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the ARMOR of light."  Romans 11:13

Gonna do some serious looking at the ARMOR this morning...starting in Ephesians 6.

Ephesians 6:14 "Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth ..."

One of my MAJOR VICES is Worry!  God has taken me a long way in the war on worry this past couple years . . .but I know that BELT OF TRUTH is the armor necessary to defeat that nagging vice of worry.  So here is my BELT OF TRUTH  for today:

"Only goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."  Psalm 23:6

The TRUTH is God is GOOD all the time!  Yes He is! Buckle on your belt, Bobbi!  Thanks for joining in my 'war' today!

No comments: