Sunday, January 12, 2014

Any guesses?

Hi All!  Do you want to take a guess at who redesigned my blog?  Come on...you all ought to be able to figure this thing out!  I LOVE it...Let's see who gets it right FIRST! 

You know...the last blog I posted was near my birthday, almost 2 years ago...so much has happened since then!  We've added to our family 2 grands and one daughter-in-love since January 2012!  The years go FASTER and FASTER and God proves OVER and OVER how much I need HIM...and how little I deserve His Grace in my life.  Have to share a little something I read earlier today: 



                                      PRAY EARNESTLY FOR YOUR GRANDCHILDREN

                           No matter if you live near or far away, you can be faithful in daily prayer for your precious grandchildren and for their parents.  As children are raised and look back on what kept them on the straight and narrow, they recall the assurance of a praying parent and/or grandparent.  As you talk to the Lord, pray that your grandchildren:

Fear the Lord and serve Him   Deuteronomy 6:13
Know Christ as Savior early in life   Psalm 63:1
Desire the right kind of friends   Proverbs 1:10, 15
Will be saved for the right mate   2 Corinthians 6:14
Submit totally to God   James 4:7-8
Stay protected from wrong people or wrong places   Hosea 2:6-7
Honor their parents   Exodus 20:12

From "A Grandma is a Gift from God" by Emilie Barnes

    Today, when I read this, the words, "...if you live near or far away..." struck me.  Moms and Grandmothers out there...does that 'far away' scare you?  I never thought much about 'far away' when my four sons were growing up.  I just figured we would all live right here near one another in Chesterfield, Va.!   With one son, Tad and his wife, Aliesha (feathersinournest.com) and their three children (Vera, Cordelia and Jude) living in NC, and a second son, Nate and his wife, Xiao Feng LIVING in Leshan, China (not VISITING! LIVING) ...well, far away is REAL to this mother/grandmother.  Comforting to know that I have ACCESS to the ONE who answers prayer and has a PLAN not just for my children, but for my GRANDCHILDREN!  I am going to use this list as I pray for each of my children, their spouses (who are also my children!) and my grands! 

OK!  Now for your guesses...

5 comments:

Drea said...

she did so good! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, she did! Thank you Drea. You young girls do such a great job with this blog thing! I want to be you two when I grow up! HA!
bobbi

Valerie said...

LOVE your new LOOK, Bobbi! You are a blessing to everyone! Have a great day! Hope to see you in February for CC's party!

harriet said...

Did Aleisha design it??

Anonymous said...

Good guess, Harriet! My very talented Aliesha did her magic! I wouldn't even know where to begin! Nate flies in tomorrow 10 pm! So excited! Bobbi