Monday, January 13, 2014

BRUSSEL SPROUTS

    I have a MOST unusual family...most of them LOVE brussel sprouts!  I am blessed to have two adult children and their families near-by, and I try to have them for lunch after church each week.  If I put roasted brussel sprouts on the table...we get rave reviews!  I thought I would share how I prepare them...give it a try and see if your family just might be UNUSUAL too!  Having been raised in the south...vegetables were often 'cooked to death'!   I have found I prefer them roasted with a little bit of texture left...and so do many others.

Roasted Sunday Brussel Sprouts

Wash and trim sprouts, cut in half or quarters.  Toss with salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil lightly.  Sometimes I will add a bit of red pepper or Aleppo pepper flakes. Roast at 400 degrees for  20 to 30 minutes.  The trick is to get them to start turning brown a bit.  I usually do this early Sunday morning, then simply heat them up for lunch when we get home from church.  You could always add some bacon...or Canadian bacon!  YUM!

Most of my family loves them....   Burning question of the day:  Is it BRUSSEL OR BRUSSELS? 

HAPPY MONDAY!   bobbi

No comments: